Ground Turkey-Stuffed Bell Peppers are perfect for your weekly meal prep. They're pretty easy to put together and reheat amazingly; in fact, I almost feel like they taste better the next day.
If you love stuffed peppers, you should also try one of our most popular recipes of 2018 Mexican Stuffed Bell Peppers Recipe
Ground Turkey-Stuffed Bell Peppers are so juicy and have vibrant flavors that are always the best part. We like to double up on the recipe and keep some in the freezer for later.
Low Carb Stuffed Peppers with Ground Turkey Option
To make the stuffed peppers low carb, replace rice with cauliflower rice. The best cauliflower to use, is the previously frozen, because it produces less juice. Use the same measurements as you would for rice.
Can you Freeze Stuffed Bell Peppers?
Stuffed bell peppers can be easily frozen. I prefer to freeze them after they cooked. You're welcome to freeze uncooked stuffed peppers, but thaw them before you place in the oven. Keep them frozen in an airtight container.
Tips to Make the Best Stuffed Peppers
- Use a variety of ingredients for the stuffing; this part can be very flexible. I highly recommend adding your favorite veggies or mushrooms into the stuffing.
- Use several different colors of bell peppers; this will make your serving plate more vibrant.
- Only use lean ground meats for stuffing.
- Top stuffed peppers with cheese.
- Use a Dutch oven to bake peppers. They will cook more evenly and have a much, much nicer flavor.