As soon as I saw this recipe, I was so excited to try it. It’s a very simple dessert that is actually very healthy. I do give myself a break every few days and enjoy baked goods, but this one fits into my healthy days. I am so excited to share this recipe with you. These cups are crispy on the outside and on the inside, are sweetened with yogurt.
Share Some Love ❤️
- 4 Fillo Dough sheets (if you are able to find the fillo dough cups, you dont have to use the sheets)
- 16 oz Yogurt (I love Brown Cow organic yogurt, maple or coffee flavor is awesome)
- 1/4 cup Chocolate Chips
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- Powdered Sugar Optional
- Line a strainer with a coffee filter and add the yogurt on top.
- Place the strainer over a bowl and have it sit in the fridge for about four hours. I left mine overnight. Yogurt becomes very thick and separates extra liquids.
- You can see the difference in yogurt texture in the first two pictures.
- Place four sheets of fillo dough on top of each other, cut dough into 2″x2″ cubes.
- Rotate each sheet to distrubite the corners evenly. Using mini cupcake tray, place each stack of dough into its individual cup. Whisk egg with sugar. Using pastry brush, lightly spread egg mixture into each cup.
- Bake them at 350F for about eight minutes or until folder brown.
- Using a spoon, fill in each cup with yogurt. Top it off with chocolate or fruits. Serve them right away, otherwise cups can get soggy. Optionally, you can sprinkle tartlets with powdered sugar.