Duck meat is somewhat undervalued in American kitchens. It seems to be more popular in European countries. If you have never tried duck meat, this recipe will be a good start.
This recipe has a sweet flavor from prunes and onion. Unlike most sweet meat, which characterise Asian foods, this recipe is inspired by Slavic cuisine.
You can find duck meat at most stores, usually in a freezer section.
Other Similar Recipe to Try:
Share Some Love ❤️
- Rinse duck under cold water, dry with a paper towel.
- Slice duck into small pieces. Part of a duck that has a lot of bone I saved for a soup.
- Preheat oiled oven safe skillet or cast iron to a very hot temperature.
- Add duck pieces and fry them on each side, until crispy, season with salt and pepper.
- To duck add bay leaves, diced onion and prunes. Cover it with a lid and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350F, place a pot inside the oven and bake it for an hour.
- Serve duck with with mashed potatoes or rice.