This recipe has been emailed to me from one of the readers. She’s mentioned that it has been their family’s hit recipe and I think I know why. Pelmeni (a.k.a. Dumplings) on their own are pretty bomb, but to let it swim in a delicious, creamy sauce, triples the bombness.
If don’t have Pelmeni on-hand, you can use large pasta shells, just fill them with some seasoned ground meat, it would be as close as you can get in flavor.
Other Dumplings Recipes:
Share Some Love ❤️
- 1 lb Dumplings
- 1/2 large Onion
- 1 lb Fresh Mushrooms
- 2 cup Whipping Cream
- 2 cup Grated Mozzarella
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cook dumplings per package instructions. In most cases, you would boil them in salted water until they float to the top; at which point, it's ready.
- Dice onions into half rings and mushrooms into one inch chunks. Fry mushrooms until golden, add onions to the mixture and season with salt & pepper.
- Add cream to the mixture and cook until whipping cream comes to a boil. Remove from the heat.
- Divide ingredients into ramekins, in the following order. Cover the bottom with dumplings, followed by mushroom sauce, dumplings again, followed by the mushroom sauce.
- Top each ramekin with cheese. Bake them at 350F for 25 minutes or until tops are golden.
- Serve right away, while cheese is streeeetchy.