This lasagna is not a typical one that is sold at stores. Often, store bough lasagnas have large amounts of sauce and small amounts of good cheese and/or meat. This dish is fairly easy to make and will make your guests be in awe from your Italian cooking. While making this dish, I like to make an extra one for a friend or freeze one for a busy day.
You can adjust this recipe by adding things your family loves. Recently, I have been adding feta cheese. It adds a nice, bitter flavor to the dish.
Share Some Love ❤️
- Boil lasagna noodles for 5 minutes in a salty water, just to get them a bit soft.
- Cook ground meat in a stir-frying pan for 10 minutes. Mix well the entire time to prevent it from sticking together. Saute mushrooms in a separate frying pan until golden brown.
- Add mushrooms and cook until golden brown. Add salt & pepper. Add sauce. Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Place the layer of meat on the bottom of a glass baking sheet. Sprinkle with ½ mozzarella cheese.
- Cover meat layer with lasagna noodles. Cover again with meat/mushroom layer, sprinkle with the rest of mozzarella cheese & ½ Parmesan.
- Place another layer of lasagna noodles, cover with cottage cheese and the remaining Parmesan. Place another layer of lasagna noodles and cover with mozzarella.
- Cover with foil. Bake in oven at 350F for 40 minutes. Remove foil and bake until top cheese is golden brown.