Why is it a twist? Well its combination of my and my husband’s favorite dish. I love any potato casserole and when I made it before it was only me eating it. He loves “Potatoes in Whipping cream & Mushrooms”. This time I made it very similar but added cheese to it and of course I baked potatoes. Yumminess!!!! Having whipping cream there made it taste so much better. And mushrooms, ooohh my…. (I guess us Ukrainian we love potatoes and now my Russian husband does too)
Share Some Love ❤️
- 20 medium Fresh Mushrooms sliced into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 lb Chicken Breast sliced into bite-sized pieces
- 10 medium Potatoes
- 1 cup Whipping Cream
- 3 cup Mozzarella Cheese grated
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese
- 3 tbsp Grape Oil (you can also use olive oil)
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet; sauté mushrooms until tender and lightly browned. Salt to taste.
- Remove mushrooms, place chicken in same skillet and sauté until golden brown sides. Salt to taste. Chicken doesn’t necessarily have to be cooked all the way.
- Clean potatoes, slice them in small pieces. In ceramic baking dish. Place chicken, followed by mushrooms and by potatoes. Salt potatoes.
- Spread equally whipping cream all over potatoes and sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover the dish and bake at 400F for 35- 45 minutes. (by poking potatoes with a fork you will be able to tell if its cooked trough)
- Remove the lid form the dish and bake for another 15 minutes to get nice golden crust.