The name of this cookie was put together by myself, since I’m not too sure of the real name. A while back, I found this recipe in one of the Russian cookbooks. A Surprise Cookie is a small cookie with a surprise at the bite. It has a wonderful combination of chocolate flavor, prunes and nuts in every bite.
Share Some Love ❤️
- 1 cup Chpcolate Melts
- 1/4 cup Walnuts
- Soak dry fruit in warm water and leave for 30 minutes.
- Beat eggs with sugar. Add honey and mix well. Add butter and baking powder and mix well again.
- Bring water to boil in a separate pot and place your bowl on top of a pot. Or if using something else instead of a bowl, make sure it's heat friendly and fits well on the top of your pot. Place whipped ingredients in the bowl. Keep on stirring ingredients for about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let it cool down a little.
- Add flour in small portions.
- Slice fruits into smaller pieces, fill them up with nuts.
- Make small flat circles out of your dough, place fruit (with nut inside) in the middle. Lift the sides up and turn it into small ball.
- Place cookies on a baking sheet, each one apart form each other. Bake at 350F for 20 minutes.
- Note: This is how they look on the inside when cut open. I would say it’s a pretty cool surprise.
- Let cookies cool to room temperature. Meanwhile place chocolate melts on a steam bath. Once chocolate is all melted, turn off the heat, but still keep the bowl on the hot water. Dip each cookie into chocolate and sprinkle with crushed walnuts.