Citrus and mint infused water has done wonders for upping my daily intake. That’s right, the days of not drinking enough water are officially over!
Citrus and mint infused water has been life-changing for me. I get bored with plain water and I don’t enjoy sugary drinks, so this refreshing drink is a great middle ground – especially on the hot days!
Is Citrus and Mint Infused Water Good for You?
Infused water is a great way for you to get a boost of nutrients quickly and easily. You can get as creative as you want here, adding your favorite herbs and fruit. Get to experimenting – you truly can’t lose!
Benefits of Drinking Lemon and Mint Water
Lemon and mint are perfect for boosting your metabolism and helping you digest a big meal. I like to pour a big glass right when I wake up! I find that a glass of infused water before coffee makes me feel more balanced and hydrated.
How Long To Keep Mint Leaves in Water
Keep your mint leaves in the water as long as they keep. Once they get a bit too soggy, strain them out. For easy extraction, you can pop your lemon and mint leaves in reusable tea bags.
What Fruits To Put in The Water
Put in any fruit that you like. Just keep in mind that some fruits get soggier than others.
- Strawberries, blueberries, cherries, etc.
- Pineapple (skin-on)
- Fresh melon
- Orange, lime or lemon slices
Other Drinks You Will Love
- Kampot – This is a classic Ukrainian juice drink made of sugar and strawberries. As a kid, I drank gallons of this stuff.
- Green Smoothie – When you know you are low on veggies, whip up a green drink to catch up. I love downing one of these alongside some eggs for breakfast!
- Kvas – This puckery drink takes me right back to my childhood. Made with apples, vinegar and a bit of coffee, this drink is a go-to after dinner.
- 1 lemon
- 1 qt water
- 10 mint leaves