PF Chang’s Chicken Lettuce Wraps Copycat can be made at home in just 25 minutes. This is way quicker than takeout and you can never beat a delicious homemade meal.
PF Chang’s Chicken Lettuce Wraps are served as a bowl with the delicious chicken filling along with lettuce leaves to fill. They are one of the most popular menu items at PF Chang’s and for good reason! They’re slightly sweet, filled with great texture from the crunchy water chestnuts, and fun to serve and eat.
Chicken Lettuce Wraps are often ordered by a group to be shared as an appetizer. They can also be ordered as a lower-carb main entrée or alongside a bowl of fried rice for a larger meal.
What is PF Changs Lettuce Wraps Made Of
PF Chang’s Chicken Lettuce Wraps are lettuce cups filled with an Asian-style filling. The filling is made with ground chicken and a slightly sweet stir-fry sauce. Water chestnuts are added for crunch and the filling is served with iceberg lettuce leaves and crispy rice noodles.
How to Make PF Chang’s Chicken Lettuce Wraps
It is so easy to make these copycat PF Chang’s Chicken Lettuce Wraps! The chicken filling takes less than 20 minutes to make and it only uses one pan for easy clean up. See the simple recipe steps below:
- Cook Chicken: Heat a large skillet with oil. Cook and crumble the ground chicken. Add the diced onions and cook until soft and translucent.
- Make Sauce: Mix up the sauce ingredients (hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar) in a small bowl. Pour over the chicken and add the ginger. Cook for 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Finish Filling and Serve: Stir in the water chestnuts and green onions to the chicken filling. Cook for 2 more minutes and season with salt and pepper. Spoon the chicken mixture into lettuce cups and enjoy.
What lettuce do you use for wraps?
A head of butter lettuce is a great choice for lettuce wraps. It has large leaves which make it great to hold the filling. Heads of romaine lettuce and iceberg lettuce are also popular options.
How do you crisp lettuce for lettuce wraps?
To crisp lettuce for lettuce wraps, buy a fresh head of lettuce that does not have many wilted leaves. Store the head of lettuce in the fridge until ready to serve, to help maintain its crispness. When washing the lettuce, use cold water to rinse to help keep it fresh and crunchy.
Can use use other ground meat for lettuce wraps?
Yes, you can use other ground meat for lettuce wraps. In addition to ground chicken, I also love using ground turkey or ground pork. For richer lettuce wraps, you can also substitute ground beef. I recommend using a lean ground meat or draining and discarding the excess fat.
Are lettuce wraps from PF Changs healthy?
The lettuce wraps from PF Chang’s are a healthier option compared to other menu items. Lettuce wraps are a lower carb dish but filled with protein.
Making Lettuce Wraps in Advance
Lettuce wraps are a great option to make in advance for meal prep. You can make the filling in advance, store it in the fridge for up to 5 days, then reheat and assemble just before serving.
Reheating tip: The chicken filling can be reheated in the microwave or in a skillet on the stove.
More of Delicious Asian Recipes
- Veggie Lo Mein – veggie filled dinner in under 30 minutes.
- Beef and Broccoli – healthier version of the takeout classic.
- Hunan Beef – thinly sliced beef with a hot and spicy sauce.
- Simple Yakisoba – made in one pan with a sweet and sour sauce.
- Gyoza Recipe – dumplings that are juicy on the inside and crispy on the outside.
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1/2 tbsp oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp freshly ground ginger
- 8 oz can whole water chestnuts drained, diced
- 1/4 cup diced green onions
- 1 head butter lettuce
- On a medium head preheat a large skillet with the oil. Add the ground chicken to the hot pan. Cook and crumble the chicken.
- Add the onions to the crumbled chicken and cook until they are translucent.
- In a small bowl combine the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, and rice wine vinegar. stir to combine. Pour it over the chicken. Add the ginger and let it all cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add in the water chestnuts and green onions. Cook for 2 more minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Scoop a spoonful of the chicken mixture into the center of a lettuce leaf. Serve immediately.
Where is the crispy rice noodles too?
Hello, Mike. Our recipe doesn't include the crispy rice noodles, we just suggest them as an idea of what you can add to your lettuce wraps! For the sauce, we cook the chicken in it for maximum flavor and find that it's enough without needing to dip the wraps more. Enjoy!
It would be nice to have their dipping sauce as part of the recipe
I just made it tonight.. Thanks we enjoyed it..
Hello! I am so glad you loved the recipe, thank you for taking the time to comment your feedback!
I see the sauce mixture for the recipe but what does the sauce on the side in the picture consists of?
Hi Cindy, it is the sauce that I mention in the recipe. Enjoy the recipe!
Any tips for the freshly ground ginger? I have never bought or worked with it before.
Hey, you can peel it with a spoon and use a grinder. It will be very simple to do so.
Any suggestion on what would be good to swap out the water chestnuts with?
Hey Mandy, you can add other veggies or skip it altogether. Enjoy
Yum! These look so delicious and very tasty! I can’t wait to make these lettuce wraps. My hubby and I are going to love these!
Enjoy the recipe!!!
This is one of those recipes that we come back to time and time again. It’s so easy to make and so tasty!
I'm so glad you enjoyed the recipe, Ashley!