This coconut bars were inspired by a good friend of mine. She makes the most amazing bars ever.
When I first saw them, they appeared like any other snack bar; but the moment I tried them, I fell in love with them. When you bite into it, they are crunchy and chewy at the same time, and the flavor of coconuts, caramel, walnuts and chocolate all explode in your mouth.
This recipe makes about 40 medium size bars, making it great for a party. Otherwise, I promise you, you’ll eat them up – all by your self!
Share Some Love ❤️
- Crush gram crackers using food processor or blender. Combine together flour, baking powder, salt, brown sugar and crackers. Add butter to the mixture; mix until you get a soft crumbly mixture.
- Spread the dough evenly in a thin layer on a lined baking sheet (size 11X16), pressing down with your hands. Bake for 10 minutes at 350F.
- Combine coconut flakes with chocolate chips and walnuts. Drizzle condensed milk over the mixture and stir to combine.
- Spread the mixture evenly over the crust. Bake for another 20 minutes at 350F.
- Remove the baked goodness from the oven, let it cool to a room temperature, cut into the size of your choice.