This is one of my husband’s favorite dishes. They are creamy potatoes, with a nice flavor of mushrooms and a hint sweetness from carrots and onions.
This has been one of the most popular dishes at the Slavic weddings here in Washington. I am assuming it’s due to the simplicity of preparation and its ability to stay in a warm oven until ready to serve.
Share Some Love ❤️
- 12 medium Potatoes
- 1/2 qt Heavy Whipping Cream
- 10 oz Mushrooms
- 1 medium Onion
- 2 medium Carrots
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Peel potatoes and cut them into 6 pieces. Boil potatoes in salty water. Once potatoes are cooked, place them into an oven safe dish.
- In a frying pan, saute mushrooms until golden, add onions, carrots and season. Cook until they soften.
- Add whipping cream to the ingredients, and bring it to a boil.
- Cover cooked potatoes with a creamy mixture. Place it in the oven at 200F for 15 minutes.