I came across this recipe on Pinterest about a year ago and ever since, it has been my favorite. Not only are potatoes are a key ingredient in many meals, but as most of you probably know, potatoes are the most common food source in Ukraine, where I’m originally from.
I like to make these when I am hosting a dinner. I would precook the potatoes in boiled water and right before guest arrive, pop them in the oven and have our selves a fresh dinner. It’s also a great meal to make during the work days. Boil enough potatoes to last several days; when you are ready to serve, just bake them.
My favorite – potatoes with homemade pickles.
Other Potato Recipes to Try:
Share Some Love ❤️
- Rinse potatoes. Place them in a pot of salted water, boil until they are cooked. To check if they are cooked you can gently poke them with a fork.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Place cooked potatoes on the baking sheet, leaving plenty of space between each one.
- With potato masher, press each potato.
- Brush each one with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic salt. Broil potatoes in oven until they are golden brown.
- Top each potato with bacon crisps, cheese and dill.