This bring many memories form childhood. We would go out to forest and pick mushrooms, bring them home and mom dried them for winter. I love the flavor it gives the soup (if you are not mushrooms fan, don’t use them, soup will still taste yummy)
People often are shocked that I use gizzards in my food but it is one of my favorite things to use in soups.
Share Some Love ❤️
- In cup of boiled water place dry white mushrooms, let them soak for 20 minutes. Drain water and slice them into small pieces.
- In small pot, boil chicken gizzards for about 10 minutes, rinse them. Fill 2/3 of 5 quart pot with water.
- Add chicken gizzards, mushrooms and rice; let it boil for little 5-10 minutes. Add sliced potatoes into the water and boil 10-15 minutes. Add ground pepper, salt to taste.
- Sautée your carrots, onions, with 4 tablespoons cooking oil. Sautée until vegetables are soft (7-10 minutes). Add to all coking ingredient.
- Add parsley and green onions. Cook another 20 minutes, on low heat.