We have the best bakery outside of Frace(that’s what I been told), haven’t been to France yet… But it’s in West Seattle called Bakery Nouveau, ohh for sure it is heaven on earth. Their twice baked chocolate and almond croissants are very delish.
My friend Galina shared this recipe with me, she was the one who told me about this wonderful place in Seattle. I recently made them for volunteers at our church camp and lots of people came up to me asking for recipe. I realized that I better share the recipe.
Note: Day old croissants work better with this recipe. I also added 2 table spoons of rum for little kick, I couldn’t really taste the kick though 🙂
Share Some Love ❤️
- Make syrup in pot over stove top, mix in together, sugar and water, cook until boils. Add vanilla extract and orange juice.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice croissants in half lengthwise, soak with syrup (using brush or spoon) both sides. It will be wet but it will dry out during baking.Often day old croissants taste even better.
- Melt in microwave for a minute, mix it every 30 seconds, to make sure you don’t burn the chocolate.
- Spread about a spoon in each croissant and cover top. Bake for 30-40 mins, sprinkle with powdered sugar when finished.