Hubby and I don’t usually eat out on Valentine’s Day; instead, we try to make a little getaway or just hang out at home. So, it becomes my obligation to put together some nice Chocolate Dipped Strawberries. But, adding them to a chocolate cake, takes it up a notch and makes it the perfect Valentines Day dessert.
You will love this cake. It is rich in chocolate and soaked in an abundance of strawberry flavor. We’ve shared this cake at a Super Bowl party, it was a one fun game. I would like to think that this cake added a bunch of excitement to the party, but probably not as much as Seahawks did.
For this recipe, you’ll need to prepare two 11 inch Sponge Cakes (click the link for a recipe), which can be prepared a day in advance.
Other Chocolates You May Like:
Share Some Love ❤️
- Bake two sponge 11 inch cakes per instructions in the link above. Slice each sponge cake into two layers.
- Apply strawberry jam to the layers of the sponge cake.
- Into the whipping cream, sift in powdered sugar and cocoa powder.
- Beat on high speed, until it doubles in volume. Make sure not to over beat, otherwise cream becomes runny.
- Apply cream to the cake, lay out strawberries in between each layer. Apply remaining cream on the outside of the cake.
- Place chocolate chips in a bowl. Pour hot whipped cream over chocolate chips. Continue stirring everything together until the chocolate is smooth and melted.
- Place chocolate ganache in a ziplock or a piping bag. Drizzle chocolate on the edges of the cake, letting the chocolate drip off the sides.
- Apply the remaining chocolate ganache to the top of the cake.
- Melt chocolate chips in a microwave, stirring it every few seconds. Add shortening into the melted chocolate, to make the chocolate a bit runny.
- Dip strawberries into the chocolate, place them on the edge of cake.
- Let the cake sit overnight in a refrigerator.