A healthy Oatmeal Wheat Bread that will be your favorite. Great for sandwiches or a toast. You will love this recipe!
If you love baking breads, you will love our Easy No Knead Bread.
Other Bread Recipes to Try:
Share Some Love ❤️
- Soak oats with half of the water (see ingredients), for 15 minutes.
- Combine milk with yeast, let it sit for a minute or so. Mix in the remaining water, honey, oil, salt and oats. In a separate bowl combine wheat and white flour. In small portions – mix in flour.
- If you are using a mixer, use a dough hook; mix on a low speed until the dough is fully mixed.
- Mix on a medium speed for 2 minutes. Dough should clear the sides, but stick to the bottom. Let dough rest for 5 minutes. Turn the mixer on again, and mix for 3 minutes.
- When cycle is completed, cover the bowl with a plastic wrap. Let it rise for 1½ hours.
- Divide in half. Roll each portion into a rectangle. Roll it up into a jelly-roll style, beginning with a long side.
- Pinch seams to seal.
- Cover baking sheet with parchment paper; place loafs side by side. Sprinkle with some flour and cover; let it rise in a warm place until doubled, about 40 minutes.
- With an oiled, sharp knife, make four shallow slashes across the top of each loaf. Using a pastry brush, brush tops with water.
- Sprinkle the loaf with oats.
- Bake at 375F for 35-45 minutes or until golden brown.
Oatmeal Wheat Bread
Amount Per Serving
Calories 164 Calories from Fat 36
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 1g5%
Vitamin A 5IU0%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.