This Easiest Brioche Bread is so airy and flaky that it literally melts in your mouth. It works perfect for jelly sandwiches or French toast.
Brioche Bread is actually very simple to make. Most of the time spent in this recipe is waiting for the dough to rest and rise, but the end result feels very rewarding.
The dough consistency might vary depending on the brand of flour you use. If it’s extremely sticky, add a little more flour. This dough recipe is very forgiving; it would be hard to mess it up.
What is Brioche?
Brioche is a French yeast bread with high amount of eggs and butter. This combination makes the bread yellow light and fluffy on the inside, and golden brown on the outside.
Brioche comes in many different shapes, but most commonly you’ll see the bread made into a braid.
Brioche buns are great for when you are hosting brunch or if you just prefer to have small personalized breads. You can divide the dough into equal size pieces and place them next to each other on a baking sheet.
Can You Freeze the Brioche Bread?
Brioche bread can be easily frozen for up to a month. Best way to keep it fresh is by wrapping it tight with a plastic wrap. Thaw to room temperature before serving.
Other Similar Recipes to Try
Share Some Love ❤️
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp water
- Prepare ingredients for brioche bread.
- Combine warm (110°F) milk together with yeast, sugar and two cups of flour. Whisk ingredients together. Cover the bowl with a towel and set it aside in a warm place for about 30 minutes.
- In a separate bowl whisk eggs together. Add eggs, vanilla and melted butter to the dough mixture. Whisk in remaining flour in small portions.
- Knead the dough by hand or your mixer until it becomes elastic.This will take about 10-15 minutes. Cover the dough and let it rise for about an hour.
- Remove the dough from the bowl, divide it into two even pieces, then divide each piece divide into three pieces. Roll them out into a long rope. connect the ends of the ropes together and braid them.
- Place braided brioche on a lined baking sheet, cover and let it rise for 30 minutes. Brush brioche with egg and water mixture.
- Bake brioche at 350°F for about 30 minutes or until the bread is golden brown.