This Ferrero Rocher Cake came out of my addiction to Ferrero Rocher candies. They’re heavenly and I cannot seem to get enough of them. Perhaps that was my biggest motivation to create an entire cake recipe, based on the Ferrero Rocher candy.
The Ferrero Rocher cake is one of my favorite creations. Yes, it’s a cake, but it so closely resembles my favorite candy! It’s a perfect birthday treat or something to bake when you’re craving those chocolate flavored hazelnuts.
You will discover that this cake contains very untypical ingredients; only 2 tablespoons of flour, while most of the texture is composed of ground hazelnuts. But don’t worry, the texture is still fluffy and full of rich hazelnut flavor.
Ferrero Rocher Cake Ingredients
- Granulated Sugar
- Ground Hazelnuts
- Cocoa Powder
- Unsalted Butter
- Chocolate Chips
- Crushed Wafers
- Ferrero Rocher Candy
Ferrero Rocher Cake Directions
Follow these directions and you’ll have a surprisingly luxurious chocolate hazelnut cake. Don’t forget to pin this post to find the recipe later.
Make the Cake
First, start out by whisking the eggs and sugar together until they triple in volume. You’ll have a really fluffy mixture when it’s done. This will be used to make the cake.
Next, sift the flour, cocoa, and baking powder. Then mix that in with the ground hazelnuts.
Using the spatula, fold in dry ingredients by thirds, be very gentle with the dough so you don’t over mix it and lose the fluffiness. Butter all sides of the 9 inch baking dish, pour batter into the dish. Bake at 350F for about 40 minutes.
Make the Nutella Buttercream
Dissolve chocolate, either in water bath or microwave. Let chocolate cool to a room temperature. Combine chocolate together with butter and Nutella. Whisk cream together.
Assemble the Cake
After the cake is completely cooled, slice it into two or three layers. Break the wafers into small pieces. Spread cream over each layer evenly and then sprinkle the wafers over the cream.
Decorate With Ferrero Rocher Candies and Hazelnuts
Decorate the outside of the cake with leftover cream, hazelnuts, and of course some Ferrero Rocher candies.
Tips for Ferrero Rocher Cake
- You can use the hazelnut flour or use a food processor to make your own.
- Use roasted hazelnuts for the best flavor.
- Use even amount of cream between each layer.
- If you’re using a blender to grind the hazelnuts, don’t blend them for too long, otherwise it may turn into a cream.
Other Ferrero Rocher Recipes
Share Some Love ❤️
Ferrero Rocher Cake
- 5 large Eggs
- 6 tbsp Granulated Sugar
- 1 3/4 cup Ground Hazelnuts
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
Ferrero Rocher Cake Cream
- 200 g Unsalted Butter room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips
- 7 tbsp Nutella
- 1 cup Crushed Wafers
- 10 Ferrero Rocher Candy
- 1/2 cup Hazelnuts chopped, for decorating the cake
- Whisk eggs with sugar until they are three times in volume, light and fluffy.
- Sift flour, cocoa and baking powder. Mix in with ground nuts.
- Using spatula, fold in dry ingredients by thirds, be very gentle with the dough so you don’t over mix it and loose the fluffiness. Butter all sides of the 9 inch baking dish, pour batter into the dish. Bake at 350F for about 40 minutes.
- Prepare ingredients for the cream.
- Dissolve chocolate, either in water bath or microwave. Let chocolate cool to a room temperature. Combine chocolate together with butter and Nutella. Whisk cream together.
Putting Cake together
- Slice the cake into two or three layers. Break wafers into small pieces. Spread cream over each layer evenly, sprinkle wafers over the cream.
- Decorate outside of the cake, using the left over cream, cake and hazelnuts. Slice ferrero rocher candy in half and place it on the edge of the cake all around.
- Just before serving the cake, remove from refrigerator to soften the cream a little.