Mother’s Day is around the corner. This would make a perfect cake for your mother or if you happen to be a mom, you deserve to treat yourself to one.
This is not your typical chocolate honey cake, this cake is rich in chocolate. There are a lot of tiny pieces of chocolate in the cake, making each bite very rich.
The cake may look a bit complicated from aside, but actually, it was pretty easy to make. The whole process from the begging to end only took a couple of hours; for a homemade cake, this is very good!
Other Chocolate Cakes to Try
Share Some Love ❤️
Chocolate-honey Layer Cake
Chocolate-honey Cake Cream
- 2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream very cold
- 1 cup Condensed Milk
- 3 tbsp Irish Cream Liqueur
Chocolate-honey Cake Layers
- In a food processor, grind chocolate into tiny pieces. If you are using a chocolate bar, you can use a grater. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine eggs with honey. Blend them together, until they turn into a foamy mixture and triple in volume.
- In a separate bowl, combine together flour, baking soda and cacao; set aside.
- Fold in oil, chocolate into the egg mixture, stir until combined.
- In small portions, fold in flour mixture into the eggs. Mix until ingredients are well combined together.
- Divide dough into eight equal pieces or you can weigh each piece individually. This way they will all turn out the same size.
- Here is the trick to rolling it out easy. Flour surface generously; this will help you work with the dough easier, since the dough is sticky. To move it onto the baking sheet, roll it up onto the roller, and unroll it onto the baking sheet. Make sure it measures out to be large enough to fit the shape you will cut out later.
- Bake at 350F for 5-7 minutes, until browned. During the process of baking, roll out another layer to speed up the process. When it's done, remove it from the oven and cut out each circle by placing a plate over the top. The key trick to making all of the sides perfect, is to cut the cake right after baking. You'll need the excess pieces (sides you have left over) to use for later decoration.
Chocolate-honey Cake Cream
- In a mixer bowl, combine together condensed milk, Irish cream and cold heavy whipping cream. Whip until the cream is thick.
- Apply small amount of cream on your plate, where you will assemble the cake. This will help the cake not to slide off.
Pitting Chocolate-honey Cake Together
- Divide all cream evenly between each layer of the cake. Form the cake by putting layers of cake on top of each other.
- Decorate as you wish. Let it sit in a fridge overnight. Decorate the sides of the cake with the leftover cake pieces, which can be shred in a blender. Pipe little dollops of cream onto the edges of the cake, all around. In between each one, place a chocolate chip.