White chicken chili is one of my favorite soups at Taco Time restaurant. They make a really good one, plus it’s made with healthy ingredients. I really wanted to recreate this soup at home, so that we can have it whenever.
Chili is comfort food, but at the same it’s a healthy type of comfort, so long as you don’t add too much cheese in the end. After that Super Bowl, some of us may need comfort. I am not a huge football fan, but after watching that game, being from Seattle, my heat sank. I feel for those who are huge fans!
Other Soup Recipes
Share Some Love ❤️
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken
- olive oil for frying
- 1/2 large onion
- 14 oz canned pinto beans (drained)
- 14 oz white kidney beans (draned)
- 14 cup canned corn (drained)
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3 qt hot water
- 1 tbsp chicken better than bullion
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- Dice chicken into one inch cubes and cook it in a preheated pot until the chicken is golden brown. To the chicken, add in diced onions and cook it until they are softened.
- Add butter and flour and cook stir until the flour has no lumps.
- Add beans, corn, all the seasoning and hot water. Let soup simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Add milk and let the soup cook for another 10 minutes.
- Serve chili while it's hot, adding some sprinkled cheddar cheese and chips.