I was refusing to make my own chicken broth for many years, but the day I made some, I was regretting not doing it earlier. If you haven’t made broth at home, I would highly recommend it. It does simmer for a very long time, but it’s not much hands-on.
This chicken broth will infuse a soup with great flavors, but can also add flavors to many other recipes, such as rice or other grains.
Store broth in a refrigerator for up to a week or freeze it in a plastic container for several months.
Soups to Make with a Chicken Broth
Share Some Love ❤️
- Place chicken, carrots, bay leaves, onion and garlic head into a large pot. You don't need to peel onion, garlic or the carrots. You can use frozen chicken.
- Fill the pot with water, bring the broth to a boil. Reduce heat to very low and leave it simmering for 3-4 hours.
- Run through a drainer lined with a paper towel.
- Don't discard chicken, break it into pieces and set aside, you can use it to make soup.
- Store broth in a refrigerator for up to a week. You can also store broth in a freezer, using a plastic container, for several months. Don't freeze broth in glass jars, I have tried it and they break, as the broth freezes.