Gnocchi Zuppa Toscana Soup is a truly comforting soup that takes just under 30 minutes to prepare. The soup has a creamy texture from gnocchi, freshness from kale and a little kick of spice! You will love it!
Zuppa Toscana is a soup of Tuscany. Typically it’s spicy – made with kale, potatoes, beans, celery, carrots and onions. As time has passed, people have adjusted the ingredients to their own liking.
Last fall we got lucky enough to visit Tuscany. Now it’s my dream to retire there. I love the people, the country side and just everything. I tell my husband if I ever go missing, find me in Tuscany.
How to Make Zuppa Toscana Soup?
- Prepare all ingredients ahead of time to make the cooking process quick.
- In a cooking pot, brown Italian sausage, then add onions and cook until they’re golden brown.
- Add water or broth to the sausage and let it simmer for about 15 minutes. This will create delicious broth flavors.
- Add kale, gnocchi and half and half to the mixture. Season to taste and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and enjoy.
Other Recipes Inspired by Olive Garden
Share Some Love ❤️
- Gather all the ingredients for toscana soup. Dice the onions into small pieces.
- Brown the spicy Italian sausage in a preheated soup pot until it's completely cooked through. Add in the diced onion and press in the garlic. Sauté the onions until golden brown. Add water or broth to the pot and simmer it for 15 minutes.
- Add in the chopped kale, half & half, and gnocchi to the soup. Let the broth simmer for about 3-5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Remove the pot from heat and let the soup sit for about 5 minutes before serving it. Ladle up a bowl and enjoy!