Gnocchi Zuppa Toscana Soup is a truly comforting soup that takes just under 30 minutes to prepare. The soup has a creamy texture from gnocchi, freshness from kale and a little kick of spice! You will love it!
Zuppa Toscana is a soup of Tuscany. Typically it’s spicy – made with kale, potatoes, beans, celery, carrots and onions. As time has passed, people have adjusted the ingredients to their own liking.
Last fall we got lucky enough to visit Tuscany. Now it’s my dream to retire there. I love the people, the country side and just everything. I tell my husband if I ever go missing, find me in Tuscany.
How to Make Zuppa Toscana Soup?
- Prepare all ingredients ahead of time to make the cooking process quick.
- In a cooking pot, brown Italian sausage, then add onions and cook until they’re golden brown.
- Add water or broth to the sausage and let it simmer for about 15 minutes. This will create delicious broth flavors.
- Add kale, gnocchi and half and half to the mixture. Season to taste and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and enjoy.
Other Recipes Inspired by Olive Garden
Share Some Love ❤️
- Prepare all ingredients for toscana soup.
- Cook spicy Italian sausage in preheated pot; cook until it’s thoroughly cooked. Add onion and pressed garlic to the sausage; cook until it’s golden brown. Add water or broth to the mix, and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add chopped kale, half & half and gnocchi to the soup. Let it simmer for about 3 minutes.
- Turn off and remove from the heat. Let the soup sit for about 5 minutes before serving.