This angel food cake & fruit dessert recipe is one of the easiest treats to whip up. 100% kid-friendly and the perfect balance of cake, cream, & strawberries!
In the mood for a sweet treat but don’t feel like slaving away in a hot kitchen all day? This angel food cake dessert recipe is exactly what you’re looking for. The flavor is the perfect balance of tart and creamy and is sure to satiate your sweet tooth. What’s better? It requires absolutely no baking whatsoever. Made with store bought angel food cake, fresh strawberries, and everyone’s favorite premade whip cream (you guessed it – Cool Whip!), it’s beloved by both kids and adults.
Preparing this Angel Food Cake & Fruit Dessert Recipe
This quick angel food cake dessert only calls for 3 ingredients and some super light assembly.
- Slice the Angel Food Cake: Cut the angel food cake into bite-sized pieces.
- Toss in the Cool Whip: Toss the angel food cake pieces with the Cool Whip in a large bowl until well-coated.
- Assemble the Parfait Cups: Finally, spoon some of the creamy Cool Whip and angel food cake mixture into an individual serving cups alongside some strawberry slices.
- Spice things up. Add in a sprinkle of cinnamon or a squeeze of lemon juice to add a little more flavor.
Handy Tips & Tricks
A couple handy tips and tricks will help you get the most out of these tasty parfait cups.
- Use fresh fruit. Opt for fresh fruit over frozen or thawed. It just tastes better!
- Assemble the parfaits 1-2 hours before serving tops. Only assemble the parfaits 1-2 hours before you plan to serve them, or else the angel food cake will get too soggy.
- Keep the parfaits chilled. Keep the parfaits refrigerated and covered in plastic wrap until you serve them to prevent them from drying out.
Ideas for Tweaking this Fruit Dessert Recipe
These parfaits are super versatile, so feel free to tweak them to your tastebuds.
- Swap the berries for different fruits. Swap the strawberries out for fresh raspberries, peaches, blueberries, apples, bananas, or pineapples – you can even mix and match a few different kinds for a fruit salad parfait!
- Exchange out the Cool Whip. Exchange the cool whip for mascarpone whipped cream, Greek yogurt, or vanilla ice cream.
- Add in some texture. Layer in some pie crust crumbles, vanilla wafers, or graham cracker crust.
- Add in a little sauce. Drizzle on some fruit or maple syrup.
Where can you find angel food cake?
You can find premade angel food cake in the bakery section of most grocery stores.
Can you make this dessert a day in advance?
You should only whip this dessert up 1-2 hours before you plan on eating it.
What does angel food cake taste like?
Angel food cake is a light cake made with sugar, egg whites, and flour.
More Fruity Desserts to Try
- Rainbow Fruit Cake Recipe – Summertime fruit cake recipe
- Chocolate Dipped Strawberries – Classic chocolate-dipped strawberries
- Strawberry Chocolate Cake Recipe – Chocolate cake with fresh strawberries
- Chocolate Nutella Banana Cake – Chocolatey hazelnut and banana cake
- 8 oz Cool Whip
- 1 angel food cake
- 1 lb fresh strawberries