My son was born the day after my birthday and it was this cake that we had for his birthday party. It was a colorful party, so a rainbow cake was a perfect fit.
The cake turned out quite colorful and appealing to the eye and was gone before I knew it. The turn out was successful.
Other Similar Cakes to Try:
Share Some Love ❤️
Baking Colorful Layers
- Beat eggs (no need to separate them) with sugar until it’s three times in volume. Using a spatula, fold in flour by thirds; be very gentle with dough, so you don’t over mix it and lose the fluffiness. Separate dough into five different layers.
- Into each layer, add a color of your choice, fold in lightly, so you don't loose fluffiness.
- Bake each layer at 350F in a 9" pan, for 15 minutes and check using a wooden toothpick. If the cake is ready, dough will not stick to the toothpick.
- Beat cream cheese with condensed milk until you get a smooth texture, then add heavy whipping cream. Beat on high speed, until you get 3 times the volume. Make sure not to over beat, otherwise cream turns out runny.
- To keep the sides of the plate clean, cover with the plate with foil. Place a layer of cake, cover with cream and layer the fruits.
- Repeat until you run out of cake layers.
- Cover the cake with the remaining cream, decorate the cake using fruits. (That really bad quality pic in the end is the only picture we have of the inside but at least it gives you an idea)