I love baked goodies. This is my go to recipe when I am trying to eat a bit healthier. Not that I am suggesting this as a healthy dish.
Oatmeal cookies are filling and so delicious. I like both versions, butter or applesauce. The ones with butter are more crunchy, while the ones with applesauce are a little chewy.
Share Some Love ❤️
- 1 cup Butter (can be replaced with apple sauce)
- 1 1/4 cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 1/2 cup Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tbsp Ground Cinnamon
- 3 cup Rolled Oats
- 1 cup Raisins
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a medium bowl, cream butter or applesauce together with brown sugar, until smooth. Stir in the eggs, vanilla and honey.
- Sift flour together with baking soda and cinnamon, while gradually mixing it into the cream mixture. Finally, stir in the rolled oats and raisins.
- Put round portions of dough, about the size of a teaspoon, onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake them for 10 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, until cookies start to turn brown. Remove cookies from baking sheets and allow them to cool on wire rack.