Ducle de leche is a condensed milk, which is cooked. It cooks until it’s hardened and turns into a caramel color. Often, we would consume spoonfuls of it at home; our boys especially love eat it over a slice of bread. You should of seen their joy, when they’ve tasted these cookies.
Sandwich cookies, filled with dulce de leche, are almost like cookies filled with caramel, only 100 times better. Plus, being dipped in chocolate and sprinkled with almonds, they look so luxurious.
With Valentine’s Day around the corner, this would be a perfect treat to sneak into your husband’s lunch. P.S. Don’t forget a cute note, also. 🙂
Other Dulce De Leche Recipes to Try:
Share Some Love ❤️
- 200 g Unsalted Butter room temperature
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 4 Egg Yolks
- 2 1/2 cup Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 cup Dulce De Leche
- 2 cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 tsp Shortening
- 1/2 cup crushed Almonds
- In a large bowl, whisk together butter, sugar and egg yolk.
- As soon as the mixture is smooth, add baking powder and flour, in small portions; mix in by using a spatula or hand. Dough will be a bit crumbly, but that is OK.
- Break off a part of the dough, cover it with a plastic and roll it out into 1/4 of an inch thickness.
- Using a cutter, cut out the size of cookies, based on your preference. Use a knife to lift each cookie, to move it into a baking sheet. Bake them at 350F for 12-15 minutes. Let it cool to a room temperature.
- Fill a piping or a ziplock bag with dulce de leche. Pipe the filling onto half of the cookies, and cover them with the other half.
- Melt chocolate chips in a microwave, stirring it every few seconds. Add shortening into the melted chocolate to make the chocolate a bit runny.
- Dip half of each cookie into chocolate and place the cookie on a baking mat. Sprinkle with crushed almonds and let the chocolate harden.
- Keep Dulce De Leche sandwich cookies in a sealed container until ready to serve.