The “Season” is finally here and sugar cookies are a must. Last year I had a ton of request for THE perfect sugar cookies. I know there are a ton of recipe out there, but this one is a fail-proof recipe. It takes about 15 minutes to prepare and you are all set.
You can decorate the cookies as you may wish. You can also dip them into chocolate, nuts and make them all pretty for gift baskets. BTW – leave me photos of your creations in recipe comments. Sometimes I wonder if anyone even used the recipe, so you guys have to keep me posted.
Other Amazing Cookies You Will Love
Share Some Love ❤️
- Prepare all ingredients. Be sure to use butter that is softened in a room temperature. In a small pan, combine the flour and baking powder.
- Beat together butter with sugar, until the mixture is smooth. To the mixture, add in the egg and vanilla extract. Whip everything together until it's well combined.
- Stir the flour mixture into the butter mixture, add flour in small parts.
- The dough will be a bit crumbly, but that is OK.
- Divide the dough into small parts and roll it out into a 1/4 inch thickness. Use cookie cutters to cut out your favorite shapes.
- Bake cookies at 350F on a lined baking sheet for about 8 minutes. Cookie time depends on the size of the cookies.
- Let cookies cool to a room temperature and they are yours to enjoy!