Angel wing cookies are also called Chrusciki (Хрустики) in Russian. The name, Chrusciki, literally translates into “Crunchies”. That’s because they are quite crunchy and airy on the inside.
This was the first pastry which I prepared when I got married. It seemed easier than baking cookies or attempting to bake anything else.
Other Similar Recipes to Try:
Share Some Love ❤️
- Using a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda and salt; set them aside. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs together with milk and sour cream. Stir liquid ingredients into dry ingredients.
- Work the dough with your hands to create an even consistency. Set dough aside to rest for 15 minutes.
- Preheat a skillet with oil to a medium/low heat. Roll out a flat piece of dough and cut it into long, one inch strip.
- Cut it into about four inches in length. To form the cookie, take one end of the cookie and insert it through the slit.
- Fry cookies in small batches. They should appear slightly golden brown.
- Drain them on paper towels and dust with powdered sugar.