Coconut Macaroons are delicious, gluten-free cookies made with just a couple of ingredients. They are easy to make and come together in minutes.
The white chocolate dipped bottom, combined with colorful sprinkles will make this the most sought after cookie in your Christmas cookie collection. Make it with kids and they’ll have a blast, it does have sprinkles after all!
Tips for success
- Weight your ingredients for the perfect texture
- Use sweetened shredded coconut for the best ooey-gooey texture
- Melt the white chocolate in 10 second intervals and do not overheat, or the chocolate will become crumbly and ruined
- Use a medium sized ice cream scoop for the best consistency in size, or oil your hands and shape the coconut macaroon balls by hand by rolling it between two palms
How to store the Macaroons
- Store in an airtight container, at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- Freeze the macaroons for up to 2 months. Store them in a sealed air tight container or a ziplock bag; this will keep out the freezer smell from the cookies.
Other Cookies To Try
- Pecan Crescent Cookies
- 4 Ingredient Nutella Cookies
- Amaretti Cookies Recipe
- Easy Coconut Candy Recipe
- Nutella Stuffed Snowball Cookies
Share Some Love ❤️
- Preheat oven to 250F with the baking rack in the middle. Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. In a small bowl combine the coconut, egg whites, sugar and vanilla until the mixture is sticky and well mixed.
- Using a small or medium ice-cream scoop, tightly pack each scoop, then release onto the parchment paper.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes for larger size (about 7) and about 20 minutes for smaller (12-15 pieces) coconut macaroons. Once baked remove from the oven and allow to completely cool.
How to decorate the Coconut Macaroons
- In a small bowl microwave the chocolate in 30-15-15-15-5 second intervals, mixing between each one, or until the chocolate chips are just starting to melt. Continue whisking until the chocolate is completely melted. If it needs a little bit more time, do not heat for more than 5 seconds at a time at this point.
- Dip the bottom of each macaroon into the white chocolate, then the emerald sprinkles and set on the parchment paper to set. Drizzle the remaining chocolate with a fork over all of the macaroons. Sprinkle with some red sprinkle