Nutella Stuffed Snowball Cookies are classic cookies that melt in your mount. They’re nutty and filled with an unexpected delight on the inside.
Snowball Cookies are often referred to as the Russian Tea Cookies. They’re irresistibly tender with a right pinch of sweetness, making it perfect with a cup of hot tea. The powdered, snowy look adds that nice Christmas feeling to the whole experience.
How to Make Nutella Stuffed Snowball Cookies
- Add Nutella to a piping bag. Form smalldollops of Nutella on a lined baking sheet. Place it into a freezer while you’re working on the dough.
- In a mixing bowl, combine sugar with butter. To the mixture, add flour and pecans, whisk to combine all ingredients together.
- Form circles with the dough, place Nutella pieces on the inside. Fold over and form ball-shaped cookies.
- Bake cookies at 350F for about 15 minutes or until they’re golden brown.
- While the Snowball Cookies are still warm, roll them through the powdered sugar. Once they cool, roll them once again through powdered sugar.
How to Store Snowball Cookies
Cookies can be stored for up to a week in an airtight container or frozen for a few months. If you choose to freeze them, open the container before you thaw them, to allow the moisture to escape. Thaw completely before serving.
Other Nutella Recipes to Try
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together sugar with room-temperature butter.
- To the butter, add in chopped pecans and flour. Whisk again to combine all ingredients together.
- Form the cookie dough into circles. Place Nutella pieces on the inside. Fold over and seal. Place cookies on a baking sheet.
- Bake cookies for 15 minutes or until they’re golden brown. Allow the snowball cookies to cool slightly for about 5 minutes, then roll each cookie through the powdered sugar while they’re still warm. Allow to cools completely and once again roll all cookies through the powdered sugar.