Nutella Cookies with just 4 ingredients are gooey, crunchy and oh-so-chocolatey. Each cookie is filled with a generous dollop of Nutella and sprinkled with nuts.
Nutella Cookies are one of my favorites to bake with my kids. After I mix up the dough, I like to create a little assembly line. I will have one kid roll the dough into ball-shapes, while the other creates the wells to put the Nutella into. Gather up your family and let’s get started!
Nutella is awesome to bake with because it holds its shape in the oven. It won’t melt or spill over the sides of your cookie, making it the perfect filling to stand up to heat. Plus, it has an amazing hazelnut and chocolate flavor. My family is absolutely obsessed with it!
Can you Substitute Nutella for Peanut Butter?
Oftentimes I get asked if you can substitute Nutella for Peanut Butter. The answer is yes! The texture of the two is very similar, making peanut butter a great filling to stand up to the heat of the oven as well. Also, peanut butter and chocolate are a match made in heaven, so the flavor combination will be delicious.
How to Store Nutella Cookies?
Store Nutella cookies in an airtight container on the counter for 5 days on the counter. If you store them in the fridge, they will stay fresh for about 10 days, but I don’t think you will be able to keep them for so long because they are just so good!
Other Nuts to Add to Nutella Cookies
Without the nuts, this recipe only requires 3 ingredients. That’s why I love it! The reason I add the nuts is that the crunch is everything in this cookie. It adds a more rounded flavor to the cookie and more texture is always welcome in my home. If walnuts aren’t your thing, feel free to add pecans, hazelnuts or almonds. Note: I have been obsessing over hazelnuts lately, so good!
How to Make the Nutella Cookies?
- Combine flour, Nutella, and egg together. Cover it with a plastic wrap and let it sit in a room temperature for about 15 minutes.
- Form ball-shaped cookies out of the dough. Form a well in the middle and fill it with Nutella, top it off with walnuts.
- Bake cookies for 10 minutes at 350 °F. Let them cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- They taste best right out of the oven, but also can be kept fresh for a few days in an airtight container.
Other Nutella Recipes to Try
Share Some Love ❤️
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup Nutella
- 1 cup all-purpose-flour
For the Filling
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 1/2 cup nuts (walnuts, hazelnuts, pecans)
- To prepare the dough, combine together an egg, flour, and Nutella.
- Cover the dough with a plastic wrap, let it rest for about 15 minutes on the counter. Form the ball-shaped dough pieces and using your thumb, form a well in the middle. Fill it with Nutella and top it off with walnuts.
- Bake cookies at 350 °F for 10 minutes. Let them cool down for about 10 minutes before serving.