If you have tried making macarons or heard of stories, you know that making them can be a bit tricky. I have made several batches of this macaron recipe, and each time they turn out perfect. I do a little dance out of excitement, honestly, it really does make my day.
If you follow the recipe as I shared, it should work out perfect for you also. I would also recommend watching the following video, to help you understand the process a bit more.
Note: I personally like Nutella as the cream for the macarons but any other butter cream you like would work for macarons.
Here is a recipe for cream a friend shared with me.
Raspberry Macaron Butter Cream
½ cup salted butter
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1 cup fresh raspberries, worked through a sieve to extract 3 tbsp of juice
Other Macarons to Try
Share Some Love ❤️
- 3 Egg Whites kept in room temperature for 24-48 hours
- 1/4 cup White Sugar
- 2 cup Confectioners Sugar
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- Food Coloring
- Nutella filling
- In a bowl of a standing electric mixer, beat the egg whites with granulated sugar until they begin to rise and hold their shape.
- Add your choice of color to macarons, keeping the color darker, as it fades in the process of baking.
- Shift powdered sugar and almond flour to get rid of any lumps.
- Stir in dry ingredients into egg whites. Be sure not to over mix the ingredients.
- Place plastic or pastry bag into a cup to hold it straight. I would suggest a pastry bag, hence once you cut off the edge of a plastic bag it may not be a round shape. In this case, I wasn't going to make a trip to the store, so I did use a ziplock bag. Pour the entire mixture into the bag. Remove from the cup and twist to hold the batter in the inside.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Pipe circles into the baking sheet, making them thick. Tap baking sheet at least 3 times on each side, this will get rid of any air bubbles and will prevent from cracks.
- Let macarons sit in room temperature for about 20 minutes, they will create a bit of a shell, also helps from cracks on top.
- Bake macarons at 300F for 13-20 minutes, depending on your oven. I would suggest checking them after 13 minutes or so.