Macarons can be challenging to make, but are so delicious when they exit the stove. I’ve shared hundreds of Dulce De Leche Macarons with friends and there have been quite a number of requests for this recipe. People love the caramel flavor it achieves with dulce de leche cream.
If you’ve never made macrons before, it may be challenging, but don’t give up; just follow the recipe, step by step. They will come out perfect one day and you will be dancing like there is no tomorrow… well, the dancing part is a bit of my story with macarons, don’t judge 😉
OtherDulce De Leche Recipes to Try:
Share Some Love ❤️
- In a bowl of a standing electric mixer, beat egg whites with granulated sugar, until it begins to rise and hold its shape.
- Add a peach color or two drops of red and one drop of yellow to create a peach color.
- Sift powdered sugar and almond flour to get rid of any lumps.
- Stir in dry ingredients into egg whites.
- Be sure not to overmix the ingredients.
- Place plastic or pastry bag into a cup, to hold it straight. I would suggest a pastry bag, hence once you cut off the edge of a plastic bag, it may not be a round shape. In this case, I wasn't going to make a trip to the store, so I did use a ziplock bag. Pour the entire mixture into the bag. Remove from the cup and twist, to hold the batter in the inside.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Pipe circles into the baking sheet, making them thick. Tap baking sheet at least 3 times on each side, this will get rid of any air bubbles and will prevent from cracks. Let macarons sit in room temperature for about 20 minutes, they will create a bit of a shell, also helps from cracks on top.
- Bake macarons at 300F for 13-20 minutes, depending on your oven. I would suggest checking them after 13 minutes or so. They are ready when you can easily lift them off baking sheet. Make sure not to over-bake them, or they will be too dry.
- Whisk butter with dulce de leche, until everything is well combined together.
- Place plastic bag or pastry bag into a cup, to hold it straight. Fill the bag with the cream.
- Pipe cream onto one of the macron pieces and cover it with the other piece. Keep macarons refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Macarons can be refrigerated fro up to a week. If you wish to prepare them ahead of time, the macron cookie can be made a few weeks in advance, as long as it stays in an airtight container.