Coconut Macaroons are delicious, gluten-free cookies made with just a couple of ingredients. They are easy to make and come together in minutes.
The white chocolate dipped bottom, combined with colorful sprinkles will make this the most sought after cookie in your Christmas cookie collection. Make it with kids and they’ll have a blast, it does have sprinkles after all!
Tips for success
- Weight your ingredients for the perfect texture
- Use sweetened shredded coconut for the best ooey-gooey texture
- Melt the white chocolate in 10 second intervals and do not overheat, or the chocolate will become crumbly and ruined
- Use a medium sized ice cream scoop for the best consistency in size, or oil your hands and shape the coconut macaroon balls by hand by rolling it between two palms
How to store the Macaroons
- Store in an airtight container, at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- Freeze the macaroons for up to 2 months. Store them in a sealed air tight container or a ziplock bag; this will keep out the freezer smell from the cookies.