Lamb Shoulder Chops are so juicy and flavorful, plus they’re super easy to prepare. This is a guaranteed go-to, no-fail recipe.
Lamb Shoulder Chops are naturally more flavorful. The general lamb meat has a strong gamy taste to it and requires extra effort to bring out the right flavors. With Lamb Should Chops, the cooking process is much simpler, while providing an outstanding dish.
Lamb Shoulder Chops Video
How to Cook the Lamb Shoulder Chops
Marinate the lamb with garlic, seasoning, rosemary and oil. Preheat the skillet on very high heat and add lamb to the skillet. Cook on both sides for about 6 minutes.
To cook lamb shoulder chop in an oven, use a cast iron skillet. Brown both sides to a nice crust. Place it in an oven for the remainder of the cooking time.
To verify the readiness of the chops – they should be cooked to 145°F for medium rare, 160°F for medium, or 170°F for well done.
How to Grill Lamb Shoulder Chops
Place the marinated lamb shoulder chops on a preheated grill to 450°F. Grill the lamb on each side for 5-7 minutes, depending on the thickness of the cut and how well you want the meat to be done.
Other Lamb Recipes to Try
- Pan-Seared Lamb Loin Chops – Lamb steaks in garlic and herbs
- Lamb Kabobs – Lamb and veggie skewers
- Roasted Lamb – Roasted leg of lamb
- Uzbek Plov with Lamb – Rice dish with lamb
- Prepare all ingredients for the lamb shoulder chops recipe.
- Chop garlic and break down the fresh rosemary; combine with oil, salt and pepper in a large ziplock bag.
- Add lamb shoulder chops into the seasoning and leave it to marinate for at least an hour.
- Preheat the skillet on high heat. Remove all seasoning from the lamb shoulder chops and add them to the skillet. Cook for about 6 minutes on each side.
- Let lamb shoulder chops rest for about 5 minutes before serving.