Philly cheesesteak stuffed peppers are a great alternative to Philly sliders that are made with bread. Easy to prepare, low in carbs and gluten free – I can call this a perfect dinner!
These Philly cheesesteak stuffed peppers are so perfect for those of you that are following the Keto Diet. You can make all ingredients ahead of time and quickly prepare them on your busy nights.
There’s a food truck in Seattle that has the best Philly cheesesteak sliders, I would get them on the days I wanted to treat myself. I found that when I broke off the bread, the best part of the sliders was the inside anyway. This is why I love the low-carb option so much. The stuffed peppers are just as delicious, and I get to keep my waistline.
We are huge fans of stuffed bell peppers and very often I use bell peppers instead of bread or tortillas. One of our most popular recipes last year was theMexican Stuffed Bell Peppers. If you haven’t tried it, you should check it out.
How to the MakePhilly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers
Clean out the inside of the peppers; you can use peppers of any color. In an oiled skillet, cook mushrooms, onion and steak. Season the filling with salt and pepper. Fill peppers with cheese, followed by the mushroom and steak mixture. Top it all off with more cheese. Bake stuffed peppers at 400℉ for 25 minutes.
Other Low-Carb Recipes to Try
- 30-Minute Low-Carb Chicken
- Low-Carb Lasagna Stuffed Peppers (quick & easy)
- Easy Chicken Fajitas Recipe
Share Some Love ❤️
- 3 green bell peppers
- 1 lb mushrooms
- 1 onion
- 1 lb beef sliced into thin strips
- 12 slices Provolone cheese
- oil for cooking
- salt & pepper to taste
- Prepare the ingredients for the recipe.
- Preheat skillet with oil. Add mushrooms and cook until they’re slightly browned. Add diced onions and cook until golden brown. Remove form the skillet and set aside.
- In a same skilled, brown sliced beef. Add the mushroom mixture and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice bell peppers in half, clean out the inside. Place one slice of cheese on the inside of peppers, top it off with beef mixture and cover with cheese.
- Bake stuffed peppers at 400℉ for 25 minutes.