EASY! A 30-minute Low-Carb Chicken is a perfect go-to dish during a busy weeknight. So effortless! All the cooking is done in one pan with barely any dishes to clean.
Low-Carb Chicken is juicy, flavorful and rich in each bite. Serve it with a side of your favorite salad or a heaping pile of grains.
On weekdays we stick to low-carb meals, but that doesn’t mean we sacrifice delicious flavors. In fact, carb-free and keto-friendly meals can feel like a cheat meal without any of the guilt. Low-Carb Lasagna is a great example of it.
How to Make Low-Carb Chicken in 30 Minutes
- Brown seasoned chicken breast on both sides. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- To the same skillet, add whipping cream, parmesan and pressed garlic. Bring to a simmer.
- Add chicken to the sauce. Top off with mozzarella.
- Bake at 360℉ for 15 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches to 165℉ degrees.
Cooking Tip: If you don’t want to use an oven for the last 15 minutes of cooking, you can cover the chicken with a lid and cook it on the stove top.
Low-Carb Chicken Variations
- Vegetables and Chicken – Broccoli and asparagus make the dish more filling and full of color
- Make Cheesy Crust – Sprinkle some shredded parmesan cheese on top before placing the chicken in the oven
- Mix in Bacon Crisp – When is adding bacon ever a bad choice? Pop some pan-fried bacon bits right into the mix for an extra pop of flavor
- Cream of Mushroom – Add mushrooms to create that cream of mushroom type of flavor you know and love from Thanksgiving-style green bean casseroles
Serving Low-Carb Chicken
Low-carb chicken is wonderful served atop riced cauliflower or broccoli. You can also drizzle that creamy gravy over roasted asparagus and serve the chicken on the side. If you are going to indulge in some carbs, serve it over mashed potatoes or a steaming pile of white rice.
Storing Low-Carb Chicken
- Refrigerating: Refrigerate Low-Carb Chicken in an airtight container. It will stay fresh for up to five days when stored properly.
- Freezing: Freezing cream-based sauces is never a good idea and we wouldn’t recommend it. Upon reheating, the cream will curdle and separate. Stick to only making what you can eat within a week!
Reheating Tips: Reheat your low-carb chicken in a skillet over medium-heat. Stir occasionally to make sure the cream doesn’t burn to the bottom of the pan. Once the sauce simmers for a couple of minutes, the dish is likely warmed through.
Other Low-Carb Chicken Recipes
- Chicken and Mushrooms with Asparagus – Delicious and simple, this dish will be your healthy savior during a hectic weeknight.
- Instant Pot Chicken Thighs – The Instant Pot always makes meat tender and juicy. Whip up this recipe when you need a hands-off meal.
- Easy Chicken Fajitas Recipe – Chicken fajitas are packed to the brim with veggies and tasty eaten with or without tortillas!
Share Some Love ❤️
- Prepare ingredients ahead of time. Preheat oven to 360℉.
- Season chicken breasts on both sides. Preheat a well oiled skillet and brown chicken on both sides.
- In a skillet combine whipping cream, parmesan cheese and pressed garlic. Bring mixture to a simmer. Add chicken to the sauce and top it off with mozzarella.
- Place the chicken in the oven for about 15 minutes until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165℉. Serve chicken while it’s warm.