We had a few Hispanic people working on our house and I was a bit hesitant to serve them “their” traditional dish, having it taste completely different. But since I was grilling the food right next to them, I decided to share. These are the people who literally grew up on fajitas, and they loved the dish!
I was proud of myself too, since these turned out darn good! It has a combination of vegetables and protein, tastes light, but at the same time very filling. This is not exactly a traditional recipe, but a version of my own. You’re going to absolutely love it.
Other Mexican Recipes to Try
Share Some Love ❤️
- In a bowl, combine chicken together with salt, pepper, dry parsley and Colman’s mustard (to add spice). Leave chicken marinating as you prepare the vegetables.
- Julienne bell peppers and cut onions into half rings.
- Place Cookina grilling sheet on your grill, it will help with grilling small pieces without having it fall through. Grill chicken on both sides until golden brown.
- Remove chicken form the grill, cover it with a lid and let it sit for a few minutes. Later, cut the chicken into thin strips.
- Without cleaning Cookina grilling sheet, grill vegetables until they soften. Into the vegetables, add chicken and let it cook for a few minutes.
- You can warm up tortillas on a grill. Place grilled mixture in the middle of tortilla, fold over both sides.
- Serve fajitas hot with a side of sour cream. Optionally, you can add some cheese and salsa.