This is a very quick and an easy soup recipe. If you ever have frozen pelmeni on hand, this makes a perfect combination. Loved by children and adults, and at the same time, a healthy option for lunch.
Our mom often made this soup for us. As a child, I didn’t know the trick behind it, but now I’m doing the same thing. On days that I am busy, I go to this soup for a quick lunch fix up.
Here are the instructions on how to make Pelmeni.
Other Russian Recipes to Try
Share Some Love ❤️
- 3 qt Chicken Broth
- 1 lb Pelmeni (can be replaced with other dumplings)
- 2 medium Carrots
- 1/2 large Onion
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 3 tbsp Fresh Parsley diced
- 1 cup Frozen Sweet Peas
- 1 cup Frozen Corn
- Dice onion and carrots into very tiny pieces. Preheat the pot with olive oil, place onions and carrots. Saute until golden brown.
- Add peas, corn and chicken broth to the pot. Bring broth to a boil, add dumplings and cook for about 20 minutes. All dumplings should float to the top once they are cooked. Add parsley to the soup. Serve hot.
- Add parsley to the soup. Serve hot.