Looking for a simplebeef lo mein recipe that is better than any you get from take out? If you love beef lo mein as much as me, you need this recipe.
If you enjoyed this lo mein recipe, you’ll love the Best Beef Stir Fry Recipe.
A huge thank you to all of you, for sending me your recipe ideas. This dish was inspired by several recipes, which I’ve received. One great thing about this, is that you can control your ingredients, and the dish itself is quite simple.
Now, the taste is absolutely, ridiculously the “bomb”. Hubby and I went for refills several times in a row and took care of it in a matter of hours. And no, this is not typical, we don’t eat this much 🙂
What Kind of Noodles are Used in Lo Main Recipes
Lo mein is made with Chinese egg noodles. However, if these are not able to be found easy in your local grocery store you can replace them with with linguini, a thin spaghetti noodle and even ramen noodles will work.
What is Lo Mein Sauce Made Of?
The base of a lo mein sauce is soy sauce. For this particular recipe we are using beef better than buillon, soy sauce, brown sugar and boiled water as the base for the sauce.
Ingredients for Beef Lo Mein Recipe
- Thin Spaghettibroken in half
- Sesame Oil
- Beef Better Than Bullion
- Soy Sauce
- Brown Sugar
How to Make Lo Mein Recipe
Begin with reading over the printable recipe below and gathering all ingredients to save time during the cooking process.
While the pasta is cooking, you will begin preparing your sauce and start cooking the beef. Leave the beef whole for the cooking process, and cut into smaller pieces once it has rested.
Add beef back to the skillet with the sauce and cook as directed before cooking and adding in the vegetables. Your final step will be to combine all ingredients and toss well to mix.
Other Asian Recipes to Try
- Simple Yakisoba Noodles Recipe
- The Best Beef Stir Fry Recipe
- One Pot Beef & Broccoli Recipe
- George Foreman Grill Recipes
- Grilled Teriyaki Chicken Thighs
Share Some Love ❤️
- Cook spaghetti per box instructions. Into cooked spaghetti add sesame oil and stir to combine.
- Into hot, boiled water add Better Than Bullion and brown sugar; stir to dissolve. Into the mixture, add soy sauce and set aside.
- Using a hot skillet, brown both sides of the beef. Let beef cool and slice it into two inch pieces.
- Add sliced beef into the same skillet, fry until completely cooked. Into the cooked beef, add sauce mixture, cook all together for about a minute, set aside.
- Dice carrots, broccoli and onion into two inch pieces.
- Using the skillet, where you’ve cooked beef, sautee onions until golden brown. Remove from the heat.
- In a separate oiled skillet, sautee carrots until softened, add broccoli and cook for about three minutes. Press garlic into the same mixture and remove form the heat.
- In a large dish, combine spaghetti, vegetables and beef, together. Toss to combine, serve hot.