Some of you may be thinking that I am out of my mind to cook turkey necks. But the neck meat is a delicious part of the turkey. As a child, the chicken neck was my favorite, although there was hardly any meat. Turkey necks have a decent amount of meat and they are similar in flavor to the chicken. Now, I prepare this dish very often for the family, everyone loves it and treats it as a delicacy.
Note: You can find turkey necks in most, large grocery stores, although not every store carries them.
Other Turkey Recipes
Share Some Love ❤️
- Optionally, cut turkey necks into smaller pieces.
- Dice onion into half rings, clean carrot and cut it into large pieces.
- On an oiled hot skillet, cook turkey necks, creating browned sides. Remove them from the skillet and set aside.
- Cook onion in the same skillet, until it's browned a little.
- Season meat and vegetables with salt, add one cup of hot water to the dish. Place it in an oven at 350F to bake for 1.5 hours or until meat begins to fall off the bone.
- Serve turkey necks with potatoes, rice or simply on their own, while they are still warm.