Turkey Neck Soup is something that my kids love. They love many soups, but this is the one that I know I can get them to eat any day. Turkey necks make the soup more exciting.
Things you can do with turkey necks
- Try theRoasted Turkey Necks Recipe. It’s an ideal option, with only minutes to prepare and very few ingredients. Kids enjoy the whole experience of picking the meat out of the turkey bone.
- If you enjoy comfort food,Uzbek Plovis a great option. By cooking the neck-bones together with rice, Uzbek Plov comes out tender and full of flavor. Just replace the meat with turkey neck bones, and the rest you keep the same.
- Stewed Cabbage with Meatmakes anamazing healthy option. Cabbage is very light in calories, while the turkey necks compliment it with great flavor. Since the veggies cookquick, I recommend boiling turkeys for 30-40 minutes before you add them to the dish.
Share Some Love ❤️
- 1 lb Turkey Necks
- 2 Carrots
- 1 Yellow Onion
- 1/3 cup Rice
- 2 Potatoes
- 1/2 cup Chopped Green Onions
- 1/3 cup Chopped Fresh Dill
- Boil turkey necks with onion and carrots and season in a cooking pot. Boil everything together for about 60- 90 minutes, until turkey neck bones are falling apart.
- Remove turkey necks from the cooked broth, set aside. Drain the broth through the strainer to remove pieces of onion and carrots.
- Place turkey necks back into the pot with broth. Add in rice and let it simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Once the rice is cooked, add in the potato pieces. Let it simmer until all ingredients are fully cooked. Serve with fresh herbs.