Ground Turkey-Stuffed Bell Peppers are perfect for your weekly meal prep. They’re pretty easy to put together and reheat amazingly; in fact, I almost feel like they taste better the next day.
If you love stuffed peppers, you should also try one of our most popular recipes of 2018,Mexican Stuffed Bell Peppers Recipe.
Ground Turkey-Stuffed Bell Peppers are so juicy and have vibrant flavors that are always the best part. We like to double up on the recipe and keep some in the freezer for later.
Low Carb Stuffed Peppers with Ground Turkey Option
To make the stuffed peppers low carb, replace rice with cauliflower rice. The best cauliflower to use, is the previously frozen, because it produces less juice. Use the same measurements as you would for rice.
Can you Freeze Stuffed Bell Peppers?
Stuffed bell peppers can beeasily frozen. I prefer to freeze them after they cooked. You’re welcome to freeze uncooked stuffed peppers, but thaw them before you place in the oven. Keep them frozen in an airtight container.
Tips to Make the Best Stuffed Peppers
- Use a variety of ingredients for the stuffing; this part can be very flexible. I highly recommend adding your favorite veggies or mushrooms into the stuffing.
- Use several different colors of bell peppers; this will make your serving plate more vibrant.
- Only use lean ground meats for stuffing.
- Top stuffed peppers with cheese.
- Use a Dutch oven to bake peppers. They will cook more evenly and have a much, much nicer flavor.
Other Stuffed Peppers to Try:
- Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers (Low-Carb)
- Low-Carb Lasagna Stuffed Peppers (Quick & Easy)
- Russian Stuffed Bell Peppers
Share Some Love ❤️
- Prepare the ingredients for the recipe. Depending on the size of the peppers, you might need less or more of them.
- In a pan with oil, cook onion with mushrooms until they turn golden brown. Add ground turkey to the mix and continue cooking; stir to break down the meat into small pieces.
- To the mixture, add in rice, 1/2 of the sauce and stir to combine it all together. Season to taste.
- Stuff each half pepper with the mixture. Combine the rest of the sauce with 2 cups of water and pour it on the bottom of your pan. Place peppers into the sauce, and top each one of them with cheese. Bake at 375°F for 40 minutes.
- Serve ground turkey-stuffed bell peppers while they’re still hot. They also reheat well.