While roasting any meat, not only turkey, all those drippings in the pan are pure flavorful. They can be used as a base for many dishes, including soups if you separate all the fat out of them. Just in time for the holiday season, there is a recipe each one of you must try with the drippings. This Perfect gravy really is perfect, those drippings make it amazing.
If after baking turkey you feel overwhelmed and don’t want to deal with another dish, just drain the pan and leave drippings for the next day. Don’t waste them, you will thank me later. But if you don’t have the drippings on hand and want to make your family a five-minute gravy, just use any meat stock.
Other Recipes to Make for Thanksgiving
Share Some Love ❤️
- 1/2 cup fat from drippings or butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 qt drippings or meat stock
- Divide the fat from the meat drippings. You can do this manually by letting the fat naturally rise to the top and harden before you skim it off, or you can use a fat separator if you have one.If you're not using meat drippings, skip to the next step.
- Place the fat or butter into a deep skillet and bring it to a simmer.
- Slowly whisk the flour into the melted fat/butter, continuing to beat the mixture until everything is well-combined. Cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- In small portions, whisk the drippings/stock into the flour mixture until silky smooth. Bring the mixture to a simmer and immediately remove it from heat.
- Serve the gravy while it's piping hot. Enjoy over turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, rice, and so much more!