While roasting any meat, not only turkey, all those drippings in the pan are pure flavorful. They can be used as a base for many dishes, including soups if you separate all the fat out of them. Just in time for the holiday season, there is a recipe each one of you must try with the drippings. This Perfect gravy really is perfect, those drippings make it amazing.
If after baking turkey you feel overwhelmed and don’t want to deal with another dish, just drain the pan and leave drippings for the next day. Don’t waste them, you will thank me later. But if you don’t have the drippings on hand and want to make your family a five-minute gravy, just use any meat stock.
Other Recipes to Make for Thanksgiving
Share Some Love ❤️
- 1/2 cup Butter or Fat from drippings
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1 qt Drippings
- Divide the fat from meat drippings. If you have a fat separator, it will come in handy.
- In a deep skillet, place butter/fat and bring it to a simmering temperature.
- Slowly whisk flour into the melted butter/fat, continue whisking until everything is well combined. Cook mixture for about 2 minutes.
- To the mixture, whisk in drippings in small portions, each time continue whisking until the texture turns smooth. Bring it to a simmer and remove form the heat.
- Serve gravy while hot, it does reheat well. Keep refrigerated until serving.