Every time we go to Olive Garden I promise myself that I will save space for dessert but nope, never happens. I had horrible chocolate craving, I just wanted to load myself with dark chocolate, and I don’t really have sweet tooth. All my hard work paid off at around 10pm when I was eating this huge slice of cake, it was all worth it. I loved this cake. It does take little more time and has lots of ingredients but it’s worth it.
Refrigerate overnight (preferably, unless you are like me and must have slice in few hours)
Share Some Love ❤️
- 16 oz Chocolate Boxed Cake (bake per instructions)
- 1 tsp Unflavored Gelatin
- 1 tbsp Cold Water
- 2 tbsp Boiled Water
- 4 oz Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
- 4 oz Cream Cheese (cubed)
- 3/4 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 1/2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 18 oz Dark Chocolate Kisses
- 2 tbsp White Chocolate
- Bake according to directions. When cake is cool, remove from pans and make a collar out of wax paper about 4 inches taller than each cake.
Second Layer: Dark Cream Cheese Mousse
- Melt chocolate and cream cheese together. Let cool. Soften gelatin with cold water for one minute then add boiling water. Stir until dissolved and clear.
- Let this cool while you start whipping the heavy cream and sugar. Continue to whip until stiff peaks form. Add 1/4 of the cream to the chocolate mixture and mix thoroughly. Fold this into the remaining cream.
- Once you have completed, spread onto cake and refrigerate.
Third Layer:Italian Custard Mousse
- Beat egg yolks until pale. Add sugar, flour and gelatin, beating until mixed. Bring cream and vanilla to a boil. On steam bath (placing pan with water on stove, on top cover with large bowl with ingredients)
- In small potions add egg mixture into the cream, be sure to be stirring nonstop until custard begins to thicken. Cool and pour on top of chocolate mousse. Refrigerate while getting the icing ready.
Fourth Layer: Dark/White Chocolate Ganache
- Bring butter and cream to a boil. In small bowl, put 2 tablespoons of white chocolate chips, pour little bit of cream over the chocolates. Pour the rest over dark chocolate and let sit for 5 minutes. Stir until smooth.
- Let cool to slightly warmer than room temperature until it starts to thicken. Remove cake from fridge. Pour some of the ganache over top of cake and spread it evenly across top.
- Make circles with white chocolate on top of the cake. With tooth pick make lines from middle to the edges. In between the lines go from edges to the middle.