This white chocolate cranberry cake features white cake smeared with cranberries and luscious cream cheese frosting. Great for the holidays!
I really wanted to post a cake before Christmas that you all can be excited about. I had a few cakes in mind, like dark chocolate cakes, but this one kept on coming to my mind. I think a cranberry cake is only appropriate before the Holidays and I am excited for all of you to try this one.
I love the combination of cranberry and white chocolate. If you like moist cakes, I would suggest soaking the sponge cakes with some cranberry juice. This cake is better when it sits overnight.
Other Sponge Cake Recipes
Share Some Love ❤️
- Whip the eggs for about 2 minutes.
- Add in the sugar and keep beating the eggs until soft peaks form.
- In small portions, mix the flour into the egg mixture. Be extra careful not to over mix the batter.
- Divide the batter into two 9 or 11-inch round baking pans. Bake at 350°F for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out of the center of the cake clean.
- Split each cake piece horizontally into 2 pieces, creating a total of 4 slices.
- Combine the cranberries with sugar and lemon juice in a sauce pan. Bring it to a simmer and let it cook for about 10 minutes. Remove it from the heat and let it cool to room temperature.
- Spread the cranberry sauce onto each cake piece.
White Chocolate Cranberry Cake Cream
- Allow the butter and cream cheese to soften at room temperature. Melt the white chocolate in 30 second increments until it's smooth and allow it to cool to room temperature.
- Whip the butter and cream cheese together. Add in the white chocolate and whip to combine. In a separate dish, beat the heavy whipping cream until you get stiff peaks. In small portions, add the whipped cream into the butter and cream cheese mixture.
Assemble the Cake
- Spread an equal amount of cream on each layer of the cake and frost the remainder of the cream all over the outside of the cake.
- To decorate the cake, dip pine needles and a few whole cranberries into water. Shake off the excess water and immediately sprinkle them with a generous amount of sugar. Let them dry for a few minutes and add a bit more sugar. Assemble them on top of the cake. Slice and enjoy!