I really wanted to post a cake before Christmas that you all can be excited about. I had a few cakes in mind, like dark chocolate cakes, but this one kept on coming to my mind. I think a cranberry cake is only appropriate before the Holidays and I am excited for all of you to try this one.
I love the combination of cranberry and white chocolate. If you like moist cakes, I would suggest soaking the sponge cakes with some cranberry juice. This cake is better when it sits overnight.
Other Sponge Cake Recipes
Share Some Love ❤️
White Chocolate Cranberry Cake
- Prepare ingredient for the sponge cake. Whip eggs together for about 2 minutes.
- Add in sugar and keep beating the eggs until while peaks.
- In small portions, add in flour, slowly incorporate the flour into the eggs, just don't over mix.
- Bake the cake in two separate baking pans, 9 or 11 inches would work. Bake at 350F for about 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Split each cake piece horizontally into two pieces.
- Split each cake piece horizontally into two pieces.
- Combine together cranberries with sugar and lemon juice in a sauce pan. Bring it to a simmer and let it cook for about 10 minutes. Remove it from the heat and let it cool to a room temperature.
- Apply cranberry to each cake piece.
White Chocolate Cranberry Cake Cream
- Prepare ingredients for the cake, make sure that butter and cream cheese is at a room temperature. Melt white chocolate in increments of 30 seconds, until it is all smooth. Let is cool down to a room temperature.
- Whip together butter and cream cheese. Add white chocolate into the mixture, whip to combine it together. In a separate dish, whip whipping cream until you get stiff peaks and in small portions add it to the remainder of the cream.
- Apply equal amount of cream between each layer of the cake and apply the remainder of the cream to outside of the cake.
- To decorate the cake, dip pine needles and a few cranberries into water. Shake off some of it and sprinkle it with a generous amount of sugar, let it dry for a few minutes and add a bit more sugar. Place the decorations on top.