Using just 3 ingredients, make the most amazing melt-in-your-mouth, rich Chocolate Raspberry Truffles. They turn out stunning and make a beautiful gift.
Chocolate Raspberry Truffles are probably my all-time favorite chocolates. I once bought a very expensive raspberry truffle which I was hoping to share with Tim. However, his assumption was that I got it for him, so he ate the whole truffle. If you knew us, we share everything, so I’m not sure why he didn’t share that truffle. Now when we get anything with chocolate and raspberries, we get it in bulk. Thankfully, these delicacies are easily made at home.
For the raspberry truffles you will need freezer dried raspberries. They can be found in most grocery stores in the dried fruit section. Typically I pick up a bag at Trader Joe’s.
What Are Chocolate Truffles?
Chocolate truffles are made with ganache in the center, it’s a mixture of of bittersweet chocolate and heavy cream. They are typically coated either in chocolate layer or cocoa powder. Sometimes you will find them covered in nuts or powdered sugar.
How to Melt Chocolate Chips for Dipping?
The best way to melt chocolate chips is by microwaving them in 30 second increments. Place chocolate chips in a glass bowl and microwave for 30 seconds; stir to combine. Repeat this step until all of the chocolate is smooth and melted.
How to Store Chocolate Truffles?
Keep chocolate truffles refrigerated in an airtight container. If you prefer a creamier and softer texture, leave them out in a room temperature 30 minutes before serving.
Other Chocolate Dessert to Try
Share Some Love ❤️
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup freeze dry raspberries
For the Coating
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp freeze dry raspberries
- Prepare all ingredients for the recipe.
- Place chocolate and whipping cream into a bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between. The mixture may be runny at first, but will reach an evenly smooth texture.
- Blend freeze-dried raspberries until they’re finely crushed. Add blended, freeze dried raspberries to the melted chocolate. Use a small cookie scoop to form truffles. Using your hands, shape each one into a ball about the size of a walnut.
- Melt one cup of chocolate chips. Dip each truffle into the melted chocolate and sprinkle with crushed raspberries on top.
- Store them in the refrigerator until they’re ready to be served.