Zucchini ravioli is one of the best ways to enjoy a gluten free, low-carb dinner. Made with simple ingredients and packed with flavor, you’ll love this dish even if you aren’t watching your carbs.
Zucchini Ravioli is a real treat with zero guilt. This is the perfect recipe if you are watching your waistline or if you are sticking to a keto diet.
A mandoline slicer will be your best friend in this recipe. It cuts zucchini really thin, making it super easy to roll and work with.
How to Make Zucchini Ravioli
Zucchini ravioli looks impressive, but it’s actually quite simple to make. Follow these easy steps to nail it on your first try:
- Prepare the ingredients for the recipe.
- Combine together the ricotta, parmesan, basil and garlic salt.
- Slice the zucchini into thin strips using a mandoline slicer or potato peeler. Make an “X” out of two strips. Place the cheese mixture in the center and fold over the sides.
- Cover the bottom of a baking pan with pasta sauce. Place zucchini ravioli into the pan, cover it with a spoonful of sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 375 ℉ for about 25 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
Zucchini Ravioli Variations
When the craving calls, do it your way. Here are some great variations to zucchini ravioli:
- Chicken Mushroom – Add shredded chicken and sauteed mushrooms to your ricotta mixture.
- Pesto Garlic – Add a hefty dollop of store bought or homemade pesto to your cheese mixture.
- Marinara and Beef – Brown some ground beef with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Add in some store bought or homemade marinara sauce. Coat the bottom of your pan and your zucchini ravioli generously.
- Chicken Alfredo – Add shredded chicken and sauteed mushrooms into your ricotta mixture. Instead of marinara, use alfredo sauce instead.
- Pizza Style – Chop up pepperoni, salami or pancetta and give it a quick saute. Add into your marinara sauce. This will surely satisfy that pizza craving you can’t shake!
- Bruschetta Style – Get a log of fresh mozzarella and cut it into medallions. Place a hunk right on top of your ricotta mixture, followed by a thick slice of heirloom tomato and a couple of basil leaves.
Make Zucchini Ravioli Ahead Of Time
Zucchini ravioli is great for meal prepping! Prepare the dish 1-2 days in advance before you are ready to bake. Keep it sealed in an airtight container (or tightly covered with plastic wrap) in the meantime to preserve freshness.
You could also freeze your zucchini ravioli. The best way to do this is in a freezer-safe baking dish. Since you won’t be able to remove and reassemble, you want to be able to pop the dish right in the oven. Bake according to instructions.
Storing Zucchini Ravioli
- Refrigerating: Store zucchini ravioli in the refrigerator for up to a week in an airtight container. The best way to reheat it is in the oven for a couple of minutes, until the cheese melts.
- Freezing: You can also freeze your cooked zucchini ravioli (see above section for freezing raw instructions). Allow the ravioli to completely cool and transfer to an oven- and freezer safe baking dish. When you are ready, remove the dish from the freezer and allow it to thaw for 15 minutes on the counter. Bake in the oven until the cheese melts and heated through.
Other Baked Zucchini Recipes
- Stuffed Zucchini Boats Recipe (Italian Flare) – Low-carb stuffed zucchini boats
- Zucchini Roll-Ups Recipe – This is another great low-carb, zucchini recipe. Whip this up when you are craving lasagna but you’re laying off the noodles.
- Banana Zucchini Bread – Banana zucchini bread is the perfect way to use those overripe bananas hanging out on your counter.
- Cheesy Zucchini Breadsticks – These low-carb breadsticks are seriously good.
Share Some Love ❤️
- 2 zucchini
- 16 oz ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp fresh basil chopped
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 cup grated mozzarella
- 25 oz pasta sauce
- Combine together ricotta, parmesan, basil and garlic salt.
- Make thin zucchini strips. You can accomplish this by using a potato peeler. Make a crossing out of the two strips. Place the cheese mixture in the center and fold over the sides.
- Cover the baking pan with pasta sauce. Place zucchini ravioli into the pan, cover it with a spoonful of sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 375 °F for about 25 minutes or until the top turns golden.