I wanted to share this recipe with all of you because this is one simple, but fancy looking dessert.
Our Washington state summer has been one of the hottest summers I remember, just nonstop heat with no breaks. Ice cream has been on our list of favorites, all summer long. We always had a stock of all sorts of ice creams at home. When we hosted, we had fancy ice cream, like this recipe.
I love the combination of things in this recipe. All the fresh fruits make it refreshing and pretzels add that perfect crunch. I was pretty impressed by the blueberry whipped cream, I may use it on a next cake recipe.
Share Some Love ❤️
- Prepare ingredients for the recipe.
- In an 8-inch sauté pan, combine water and granulated sugar with strawberries and cook on medium to high heat for about 5 to 6 minutes, until water and sugar create a syrup and strawberries begin to slightly break down.
- To make blueberry whipped cream, either by hand or with a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, whisk cream, crushed blueberries and confectioners sugar until soft peaks have formed. About 5 minutes by hand or about 3 minutes with stand mixer.
- It should appear just like in this image, with soft peaks and smooth.
- To make each sundae, spoon the warm sautéed strawberries onto the bottom of a small bowl. Top with ½ cup scoop of Breyers® Natural Vanilla Ice Cream.
- Add a small dollop of blueberry whipped cream and sprinkle it with pretzels.