Quick Pickled Beets are incredible for any side dish, as topping for a salad or as a colorful appetizer. The great part is that you can refrigerate pickled beets for several weeks.
Pickled beets have a delicious sweet and sour flavor to them. They have became a staple in our home after our trip to Denmark. We discovered the localPate Smørrebrøddish that we always topped off with pickled beets. It’s just the best appetizer ever.
How to Pickle Beets?
- Slice precooked beets into a size of your preference. Smaller pieces will absorb flavors much quicker.
- Prepare marinade by combining water, sugar, salt, vinegar and peppercorns. Stir until the sugar and salt dissolve.
- Place sliced beets into a jar, pour marinade over the beets.
- Let beets pickle in refrigerator for at least 24 hours to develop the “pickled” flavor.
- Refrigerate pickled beets for up to 2-3 weeks.
How to Cook Beets in an Oven?
Cooking beets in the oven is the easiest way to prepare them. Trim off the green leaves, wash the beets, and wrap each beet individually into foil. Place the wrapped beets on a baking sheet and bake at 400°F for 40-60 minutes. Check the readiness by poking beets with a fork. Beets should be firm, but not hard.
Other Pickled Recipes to Try:
Share Some Love ❤️
- 3 large cooked beets
- 1/2 batch fresh dill or other herbs
- Prepare all ingredients for pickled beets.
- Combine all marinade ingredients together in a jar. Stir everything together to allow the salt and sugar to dissolve. Place the beets into a jar, but don’t forget to optionally add fresh herbs to the bottom of the jar.
- Pour marinade over the sliced beets. Make sure that the beets are completely covered with liquid. Allow beets to pickle for at least 24 hours.
- Store pickled beets in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.