Quick Pickled Beets are incredible for any side dish, as topping for a salad or as a colorful appetizer. The great part is that you can refrigerate pickled beets for several weeks.
Pickled beets have a delicious sweet and sour flavor to them. They have became a staple in our home after our trip to Denmark. We discovered the localPate Smørrebrøddish that we always topped off with pickled beets. It’s just the best appetizer ever.
How to Pickle Beets?
- Slice precooked beets into a size of your preference. Smaller pieces will absorb flavors much quicker.
- Prepare marinade by combining water, sugar, salt, vinegar and peppercorns. Stir until the sugar and salt dissolve.
- Place sliced beets into a jar, pour marinade over the beets.
- Let beets pickle in refrigerator for at least 24 hours to develop the “pickled” flavor.
- Refrigerate pickled beets for up to 2-3 weeks.
How to Cook Beets in an Oven?
Cooking beets in the oven is the easiest way to prepare them. Trim off the green leaves, wash the beets, and wrap each beet individually into foil. Place the wrapped beets on a baking sheet and bake at 400°F for 40-60 minutes. Check the readiness by poking beets with a fork. Beets should be firm, but not hard.
Other Pickled Recipes to Try:
Share Some Love ❤️
- 3 medium beets boiled
- 1/2 bunch fresh dill or other herbs
- Slice the beets into evenly sized pieces.
- Place the beets and fresh herbs in a large, sealable jar. Next, place all the marinade ingredients in a measuring cup or bowl and stir until the salt and sugar dissolve.
- Pour the marinade over the sliced beets, making sure the beets are completely submerged in the marinade. Allow beets to pickle for at least 24 hours in the fridge (they should stay fresh for up to 2 weeks).
- Enjoy in salads, soups, and on appetizer boards!